Hi, my name is Kathy Forsyth and I’ve been dealing with disability from chronic illnesses for more than 5 years. I pushed myself hard for too many years and my health suffered as a result. I have asthma, chronic bronchitis, arthritis, GERD, sleep apnea, fibromyalgia, an immune deficiency, and depression. I started this blog to give some purpose to my days. I felt like I was just wandering aimlessly. My old dreams were gone and I didn’t have any new ones to replace them.
My new dream is to inspire and encourage others with chronic health issues to dream new dreams and be bold enough to pursue them. I haven’t mastered this life with chronic illness, but I would love to have you with me on the journey. My faith in Jesus colors my world, but I want to let you know that no matter your faith perspective, you are welcome here.
I’m a single mom of six children ages 30 to 18. I had to quit my job as a registered nurse due to severe asthma, and frequent respiratory infections. I love to read, craft, color, and teach. I’m learning more about writing and blogging everyday.
Ten things you might like to know about me:
1. Yes, they really are all my children!
2. I have a silly chihuahua named Dottie.
3. I’m divorced.
4. I have to give myself an infusion of immunoglobulins every week due to an immune deficiency.
5. I’m struggling with empty nest syndrome, as I watch each child leave the nest. My “baby” is a senior in high school!
6. I used to home school my children. My oldest graduated from home school and my youngest was home schooled through kindergarten.
7. I LOVE to read!!
8. I’ve had articles published on The Mighty and on The Mudroom Blog.
9. I’ve written a guest post on The Bumblebird Blog
I would love to get to know you and create a supportive community here! Please feel free to contact me with any topics you want to learn more about or with your observations about life with illness. Subscribing to my blog will give you access to freebies and extras in your inbox to help you thrive with chronic illness instead of just surviving. I would love to have you join me! Kathy